Wednesday, March 18, 2009

PBBC Youth on Sunday March 15.

The Sunday of March 15th it was the turn of PBBC Youth to lead the worship service. We were very inspired by the participation of our young people who offered their time and talents God has endowed them with setting a good example for the much younger generation. The chairperson was Saw Aye Sein, chairperson of the Youth Committee, and an encouraging message for the young and the old was given by Naw Heh Nay Moo, a charismatic youth leader, who put heart and soul as well as gestures into her message reminding us about the power of God that He puts within each and every one of us to be used for his glory.

She gave examples of two young men in the Old Testament. Both of them had God’s power in them ever since they were in their mothers’ womb because God had plans for them to save His people, the Israelites. One failed to maintain God’s power in him by giving in to the enticements of his heathen wife, thus causing his destruction. “No razor has ever come upon my head, for I have been born a Nazirite to God from my mother’s womb. If I am shaven then my strength will leave me and I shall be like any other man.” (Judges 16:17)

The other constantly held on to the power if God within him through out his life. He was loyal to his master who bought him, and above all his God. He was always on his guard like a soldier on sentry duty. When lured by the wife of his master, he held on to God’s power and overcame the temptation. Genesis 39: 8-9 states,” Look, my master does not know what is with me in the house, and he has committed all that he has to my hand. There is no one greater in the house than I, nor has he kept back anything from me but you because you are his wife. How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” She urged the young people to run away from temptation like Joseph. Since our enemy, the Devil, is everywhere and powerful, and speaks in a soft sweet voice, we can easily give in to his wiles. But if we let the Holy Spirit dwell within us and work in us, we can certainly overcome any temptation. Therefore, let us keep the power of God in us and defeat our enemy.

PBBC was happy to welcome an unexpected guest, Saya Peter Zin, from Boston who was on a visit to friends in Philadelphia. He gave words of encouragement.